Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What Giant?

Something freaky to me that has come to my attention today like really come to my attention is THAT...

In order to get anywhere I am going to have to believe in myself and I really stand up and represent what I believe in. That is SCARY! I like to just go with the flow and be awesome there. :-P

The intense thing for me though is the part when being loud and speaking up requires that people hear me. That mega frightens me because what if I don’t say the right thing and people don’t agree with me... oh the confrontation that will come from that! Ahhh, run away!!

In stepping up and out I will be bound to make mistakes but they will only make me stronger and help me to learn more! Then I’ll know for next time! ;) The cool thing is that I have something that other people need. So who am I not to be bold and share what I’ve got?

Whoa how merciful is our God? He is our audience, just the one. He is cheering us on and he encourages us if we slip up, to keep going. Wow the love! Who can love like he does? In the security of his love there is no way that we can be embarrassed or put off. Focus on him and seek him for help every step of the way. He is willing! Oh so willing. Run to him, he is so comforting! Ahh...

David is such a cool example of stepping out! “He took his stick in his hand and chose five smooth stones from a stream. He put them in his shepherd’s bag and grabbed his sling. Then he went to meet the Philistine” (1 Samuel 17:40).

He brought what he had and what he could offer; he relied on God for the rest.

"By His mighty power at work within us, He is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope" (Ephesians 3:20).

People may try and discourage you but we come to them/that situation “in the name of the Lord All-Powerful” (v45). We WILL triumph and glory will be given to our God through our actions and words! Wow! How cool is that, God will totally fill in the rest; we just have to walk boldly up to our giant and see the wonders that God does. I love that he can and will do that. In our weakness he is STRONG!

Yay God!

...Thank you for helping me through semester B! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment